Wednesday, February 20, 2013

CRAZY WEEK!!!!!

February 20, 2013

Hi everyone.

This week was CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tha sucks to hear about the split of the ward but I know and am finding out more and more that the Lord has a plan in everything. It's going to be really weird without a million people in the church when I get home. But who knows lol? 

First of all!! WE FINALLY HAD A BAPTISM!!!!!!!!!! Maria got dunked! But it wasn't easy haha. She got sick the night before the baptism and couldn't come to church because she had to go to another city to get some special medicine and none of her family had any idea when she would get home. So there goes the baptism at 2 o'clock. But we didn't lose the hope! We returned to the house like 6 times and finally she was there around like 5. She told us that she still wanted to do it, so we took her and went to find a bus that could take us to the next city to take us to the baptismal font. There was no one!!!!! But after that we found some guy that could take us, so that was all good. We got to the other church and everything was ready to go! I baptized her, but let me tell you, it was not easy!! She didn't understand that she had to go all the way under the water. So after the 5th time, she finally went down!! I said the words right and everything but she just refused to go under. The last time I just basically took her feet out from under her and threw her under and there it was! It was a crazy experience but it was really good. I had been praying for a baptism really really hard so that we could have one before Elder Diaz left. I know that it happened because we worked super super hard and I was literally praying really hard. It was a miracle!! Abdias....well he decided to move to another city and go live there! Whoo!!! Haha I have no idea what people are thinking! And with Arnulfo! We taught him and he came to church and loves the church and wants to be baptized still. We just need to get his papers so that we can have someone marry them!! And then it's a baptism for sure, if he doesn't leave again...but it's all going good with the investigators!

Well with changes....of course Elder Diaz went to a different place, Chimaltenango, and there he is district leader. Our district leader called us a couple days before the changes and told us that yeah we did have changes and that both of us had interviews. WHAT?? haha only leaders have interviews and I had no idea what was going on! So we left the house on monday at 4 in the morning to get to the Cap for the interviews. I was really nervous, first of all to have a new companion, second of all to have an interview for who in the heck knows what, then to literally be left with this whole area in my hands because Elder Diaz left and our ward mission leader went on his mission today! I had no idea what was going on... I talked to President Brough and I am now Senion Companion to an Elder that has a year and a half in the mission, named Elder Ucles! What in the heck haha now I have a companion with a not great reputation and a whole area to lead haha. I seriously have no iead! I'm really stressed out haha. But I know that I have this calling for a reason and that I'm supposed to help someone in this change, whether it be me or my companion, I don't know, but we'll find out!! President Brough told me that this is really weird and hardly ever happens haha my second Companion and I'm senior! SABER!! hahaha But it's going to be good and I will be able to do it.

I'm glad to hear that everything is going good at home. I had a great Valentine's Day with Elder Diaz and we killed it listening to church music and working in the work of the Lord!!! BOOM!!! haha Well everything is going good for now. Excited for Jarom and B-town! I love you guys! thanks for all the support always!!

Love Elder Hanson <3



No comments:

Post a Comment