Tuesday, April 9, 2013

April 8, 2013

Hi family,

I got a package the other day from the family with my gel and with the face wash and just jam packed of candy and LOVED IT!!!!!! The hair stuff is exactly what I wanted and Exactly what I asked for! So Thank you so so so much!

It's a little weird because the day to email changed on us a little bit and I hardly heard from anyone! I hope everything  is super solid for all of you.

First of all, if you're gonna send me money, just put it into my card! That is so much easier and I get the money way faster! Thank you!! (Kristin's note:  This would be his personal debit card. If you want to give money to him, just give it to me and I will put it in his account and we can send him a note)

I'm having a little bit of a hard day today. Conference is always a little hard for me because it reminds me a ton of the family and especially Gabe and all the memories that we have with him at the Priesthood Session. I wrote in my journal a couple days ago about when we were at Red Iguana with Paris and Gabe and dad and Gabe ate that Jalepeño hahahahaha That ws so so funny. I had a tough week looking ahead today, Gabe's birthday, and just waiting and thinking a lot about it. On tuesday night I had a dream where I picked up the phone and talked to Gabe for like 5 seconds, I remember hearing his voice and he hardly said anything. I woke up that morning and just cried because I felt super alone. I'm feeling really alone right now because I just feel like with my companion I can't share any of this with him because he doesn't care what I say or at least pay atttention. But I am so grateful for PRAYER. I love being able to just stop and pray whenever I feel like crap and just want to cry. I'm working hard and trying to do all I can to build God's kingdom here. It helps me to focus and keep my mind on what I know and what I believe.

I loved General Conference! We watched it in English, The Gringos, and that was a blessing in and of itself! I was a little frustrated after the sessions on Saturday because I had been praying really really hard to have something especially for me and I really didn't feel anything like that in the first day. So I prayed like crazy that night and sure enough my prayer was answered with the first talk in sunday morning by President Uchtdorf. I loved that talk so much about the Light of Christ and how we're all entitled to have it no matter where we are and no matter what circumstances we are in. That helped me a lot to just put it all into perspective. One of the things that I loved more than anything else was what President Packer said "There are few things more powerful than a faithful mother praying." That just threw me to think of my mom and knowing how faithful that she is and I know that she is praying for me always. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I LOVE MY MOM. I love President Monson so much. I know that he is a Prophet of God. I can't even see him without holding back tears because of the love and Spirit that I feel coming from him. He said, "The mission is a family matter." Love that quote because the mission totally is a family matter. The family is totally with me 100 percent. Something that also just reminded me of my mom so dang fast was something that Elder Falabella (de Guatemala!) said, "A child that sings, is a happy child." Mom always said that I was singing when I was little and can always tell if I'm happy or sad if I'm singing or not. I'm trying really hard to keep singing through these hard times. And when Elder Christofferson mentioned Les Mis and Jean Val Jean. Loved it!

I heard that My boy Felix got his call the New York!! So happy for him. I have always had a special love for him and have always loved how he is. I'm super happy that we could become such good friends in senior and junior year of high school. Also I heard that Brianna got her call to New York and leaves super super soon! Super proud of her and the decision that she made! She's always had that personallity that just touches people. She'll be a great misionera.

I'm trying super hard to just be so positive and jsut look at everything as good. It really helps with everything. I love you all so so much and I hope that everything is going good and that you all got something special out of Conference and could feel the Spirit like I did. Keep praying for me! I'm needing it right now for sure.

Love Elder Hanson


ISAIAH!!!!!! FELIZ CUMPLIAÑOS ESTE MIERCOLES!!! ESPERO QUE TENGAS UN BUEN DIA LLENO DO REGALOS Y TODAS LAS COSAS QUE TU CORAZON DESEA! SIEMPRE HAS SIDO UN BUEN EJEMPLO PARA MI Y TODA LA FAMILIA! Espero que estes trabajando bien duro en la escuela! Te amo cuate! Yo se que Gabe es muy orgulloso y que esta mirandote de los cielos con una gran sonrisa!

I love you bud and hope that you have an awesome day!!!!!
This picture is so awesome because I bit into this bread and almost cried because it tasted EXACTLY like mom's rolls haha but seriously I almost cried.

1 comment:

  1. Elder Hanson,

    I served in the Guatemala Central Mission from 2002-2004 and so much of what you posted here reminds me of my own days entre los Chapines. I found your blog looking for pictures of Sipacate since that was an area where I served as a Branch President back in '03-04. You said they have their own Presidente de Rama now? That's fabulous! I wonder if it's anybody I would know...

    While I recognize that you probably won't be able to respond to random strangers until you're back from your mission, I wanted to reassure you that you are not alone, others have stood exactly where you have stood and felt exactly the way you feel. Stay strong, Elder. You will be telling tales of your days in Chapinlandia for many years to come!

    Sinceramente,
    Ya-no-soy-Elder Watson

    ReplyDelete