Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Well....


July 8, 2013

Hi everyone....

Well welcome to frustrating week in the life of a missionary!!! I'm getting right up there right now haha. For the second week in a row, we only had 1 investogator that went to church. That is really kicking our butt. I'm just trying to work hard and be able to have success in the Lord's way, working hard and being obedient to the mission rules.

I love my companion haha.  He works hard and just does what I tell him to and does what he needs to do. I think that the thing that I'm learning from my last two companions is how nice it is to not have to be dragging someone around all the time and just have people pulling even weight. It's still a little hard because he's super new and he really hardly knows how to teach, but we're working those kinks out little by little. At least he speaks the language. Hahaha

We're finding positive people every day that do what we ask them to do, they read and pray and know it's all true, the only problem is that they don't go to church. It's hard in our area because we are 30 minutes in bus away from the church and it starts at 7:30 in the morning. Taht makes it interesting for the investigators and for us. I've decided that starting this sunday, we will get up at 4 in the morning to go and pass by every house of every single investigator that we have in the area and get them to come to church. After church, I came right into the house and just kneeled down and prayed for like a half hour and just wanted to know what I was doing wrong to make it so that no one would go to church haha and my mind was blank. I think that a lot of times, we do what we need to do, we just don't give it that little push right at the end to get everything falling right into place. I think that's just the stupid natural man coming in and screwing it all over for us. I have really been loving a scripture in matthew 11:28-30. Look it up. Also there is a scripture in matthew 10:39 that is amazing and just talks about how Jesus will give eternal life to whoever loses his life here in the earth. I sort of just trying to lose myself here in the mission haha. Eminem quote....

I'm always having fun and workiing hard at the same time. I know that the success will come. I know it haha. It's just hard to be patient sometimes in times of stupid trials. But I know that these things are true and I know that they will help us to be able to strengthen ourselves and be able to confront harder trials in the future. It's awesome to know that we really have a Heavenly Father that is aware of every single one of us and that loves us so much and listens to every single one of our prayers. It's so awesome.

I love you all so much. I know that this time of the year is going to be super hard for all of us but I know that through the Savior and just thinking about him a little bit every day, we will be able to get over these hard things and thoughts that come to our minds in these hard times. I know that's the case with me. My mind is so swallowed up in the things of the Lord, that I hardly have time to think about anything else. Thanks for everything that you are all doing for me and I can't wait to see Chauncey when I get home...ugh.....hahaha

Love you all!!!! Elder Hanson

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DAISY!!!!!!!!!! I WILL BE WRITING YOU A LETTER THIS THURSDAY!!!! I LOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEE YOU!!!!!!



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment