Tuesday, July 30, 2013

July 30, 2013



Me and my companion



July 30, 2013

Hi everyone....

This week was another good week of good hard work haha. It's been so dang hot down here and I've just literally been sweating like a machine. It has been such a rewarding week.


We had two baptisms this week of Aidee and Rubi. The both of them are complete miracles. It was truly amazing to be able to see them take this step. They will be two members that go every Sunday for the rest of their lives because they know that this is true. Baptizing just doens't get old haha. We worked really hard with Milton and he totally fell through and just told us that he doesn't want any more. I guess that's just kind of how it goes haha. We actually have a couple of families lined up for this next coming month of August. I'm getting so stoked for the families. Last night I made a set goal with Heavenly Father that I will baptize a family before I get to have a year in the mission because I want to go to the temple with a family before I leave. So be looking forward to that in the next month and a half. We will baptize a family.

It really hasn't been too hard to focus my mind. I thought it would be a lot harder with all the stuff that has been happening but it hasn't been too bad. I hope that I can keep it focused today and just get what I need to get done today. Yeah it's hard today but not half as bad as I thought it would be with Gabe's deathday and everything happening today. I just know that if I work hard, I will be blessed and I will see the blessings in my life. I know where he is and I know that he is watching down over me. I just have the Spirit with me all the time and I know that I'm getting a lot of comfort from Him. It's always on the back of 
my mind, but I know that what I'm doing is what I need to be doing and I know that I am blessed for it. I feel like it would be a lot harder if I were home and if I just had nothing to do but sit on the couch and watch TV, but we've got so much stuff to do that everything just kind of gets shoved to the back of my mind.

Last night I was going up to the house to finish up the night in a bus literally jam packed full of people and I was looking out the window and I was just thinking about how much I love this country and how much I love these people.  I love them and I have been so blessed to be here. Some members asked me last night  "why don't you guys ever eat in the house with us and why don't you guys like ever take breaks?" And I thought about it and just told them "I hate going home and feeling like I could have done more in the day."

BAUTIZAMOS A 14!!!!!!!! 

Thanks for all the support that you have all given me through all the hard times and all the stuff that has happened. I really am so grateful to all of you and soo happy to know that I have you praying for me. I hope to hear from you soon and I am totally jealous that you guys went to Lake Powell. Maybe if I'm lucky, I can catch the back end of a trip next year. I love you all. I love my brother Gabriel and I know that he loves you all too. Have a good week and keep me and my investigators in your prayers.

Love, Elder Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment