Tuesday, August 20, 2013

RAINSTORMS


August 20, 2013

Questions: 
1. How many people in church on Sunday? ONE!!!!! WHOOOOOO
How many people in your ward and what's it called? El Barrio El Carmen and there are like 150 that go every week now.
How many sets of missionaries work your ward? There are 2 companionships now
When are changes? We have changes on the 18 of september!
Did you get your paquete por haber cumplido anos? NOOOOOO
How long does a typical discussion last? Like 20-30 minutes
Do you ever use DVD's or any other AV fanciness? Sometimes, If we have a pilas investogator that needs to understand something better.


Hi everyone....

THIS WEEK WAS CRAZYYYYYYYYYYY

WE BAPTIZED FINALLY HAHAHAHAHA

It was a good week but it was full of crazy stuff haha. One day we saw one of the volcanoes erupting, spewing out a mountain of lava and all that stuff. That was crazy! Then the next day, the biggest rainstorm that I had ever seen in my whole entire life. The streets were FILLED with water and the buses had a ton of water getting up into them. The water did a ton of damage and the bridge to get to the area, crashed down and there weren't buses for a couple day. It was a wild week and we walked more than I've ever walked in my whole entire life. BUT WE BAPTIZED! So I don't care haha.

We have another posible baptism this weekend that should actually happen. Her name is Wendy and she is a little lady that loves to come to church when she can, but her boss is a witch. But now she has every other Sunday off of work and so she can get baptized! Pray for her!!!! THanks.

It looks like my faithful and trusty buddy Colly Wolly got bit by a dog this week ahahahahaha. That would happen to him. Seems like he's killing it to the max. Chris is doing well as usual. As we all know, J-snow is money as assistant in his mission. Bryan just entered the field and Ben in the CCM. Lars is doing well in Cali for right now. Aaron H is really killing it. Loving hearing from him. Crazy how all is changed and how we are all growing up haha. I never will grow up. I'm still the same old me, But right now I just know exactly what I want and exactly what I need to do to get it. I feel like the mission just changes how we look at the way we need to live more than anything. We're all the same but just now we know that we need to do the right things to be successful in life.

It was a little bit of a slow week with all the rain and all that stuff, but everything ended up really good. I'm learning a lot of patience lately with the people that we're teaching and having to accept that some people just aren't ready to hear this Gospel and will have their time someday. 

Yesterday was P-day and I went super hard. I cleaned the shower (yeah believe it!) then wrote some letters for the first time in like 2 months and then took the best nap in the whole world. I call that a productive day. And then we went hard in the night with some dang good lessons! I love the mission and it's even better when you have a companion that really loves to work and really just is pleasent to be around.

Thanks for all the support that you all give me. You really have no idea how much the emails and the prayers mean to me. I love you all and hope you have a great week this week!!!!

Elder Hanson



Well these two are from the CRAZYYYYYY rainstorm that happened the other day. The power went out and it was the craziest day ever. We went super hard though. The roads had like a 5 inch running river down the roads all day. It was insane. Even the people were telling me that they hadn't ever seen anything like it. My shoes got destroyed haha it was great. Without UMBRELLA





No comments:

Post a Comment