Saturday, October 5, 2013

OOOOOOiiiiii!

October 1, 2013


Hi everyone...


This week was another great week of a bunch of straight bendiciones. Loved IT!!!!!!!! I'll answer the questions first....

1.  Had Elder Hintze been in the area before? Yeah he had been here for one change already. But doesn't know it super well haha we get lost all the time.
2.  Are you his first comp in the field? No I'm his second papa out here. His other trainer just went up to zone leader. That's actually pretty common that that happens here just 2 trainers for your first 2 changes.
3.  How big is the ward, and when does it start? There are like 250 that go every week and it is actually really big. We start at 9 this time and it is the best thing in the whole world. Way better than 7: 30
4.  Are the members helpful? The members are so dang  awesome. That's why this area is like really really famous for baptizing.
5.  Did you find a new place to liv and a nueva cocinera? Yeah we got a new house and we'll be moving in on next Monday Primero Dios ba que si?
6.  Is your new comp holding up to your schedule?  He's doing great. He is a stud and has like a foot on my and so he can keep up with me...most of the time. ;)
7.  GET AN UMBRELLA, CABEZA DE HUESO!!!!!!!! YAAAA DEJAME EN PAZ PUCHIS HOMBRE 
8.  DO you walk everywhere or do you get bikes at all? Oh gosh hahaha Bikes?? ni modo ba? JAMAS. I would kill for a bike haha. That won't happen. We walk everywhere. Even though there are busses I like to walk to the farther parts. That's something that Elder Hintze isn't used to and I love it haha.
9.  Is Hintze a larrrjj (said like guat) or an estra larjjjj (said like Guat)?  XL I think he's only like 8 feet tall haha
10.  Does your zone ever get together and go anywhere on P-day like Antigua or Atitlan?  Or even Amatitlan? I've never been to Antigua haha that sucks way bad. i want to go way bad. I've been to Atitlan and that was sweet. Normally we just get together and go hard with some futbol and pizza.

Well I'm gonna start this one off with a great funny experience..... Yesterday we were walking down the street killing it as usual and I was walking tranquilo. Elder Hintze was behind me and it was dark on this like really busy main road in the area. On the side of the road there was like a little drop off kind of like a curb but not with a hard edge like that. Kind of like a lifted road. But we're walking at going good until my AWESOME ankles just totally make me eat it so hard. I rolled my right ankle so freaking hard and then tried to catch myself with my left and rolled it too hahaha and just ate it so dang hard and almost fell right on my face hahaha it was so dang funny and it hurt so dang bad. I'm just lucky no cars were coming or else they would have totally ran me over hahaha. I crawled to the side of the street and sat down over there and Elder hintze was laughing his butt off. I don't  blame him at all because if I wasnt' in horrible pain, I would have died laughing hahaha. He said that he thought that i feel right on my face and he was like OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH. I seriously wish I would have videoed it because it was like slow mo horrible crap. It was a total momento tonto. RETARD. Now my ankles are swollen and I'm hobbling around like a freak. GUATEMALA SWAG.

Well we baptized this weekend and that was a straight miracle! We worked so dang hard for that baptism and it totally paid off. I was so happy and I guess they are killing it in El Carmen too. It feels so good to know that we are going to have some good success here. We have a kid named Edgar that is 25 and he is literally dropping everything to get baptized. Drugs, alcohol, smoking, coffee haha he is so awesome. He is like a straight gangster and just gets that money reading the Book of Mormon. He talks SOOOOO much slang from here and Elder Hintze has no idea what is going on and it's so dang funny. I love it!! We also have a guy that is named Hector that all we need to do is get him married so taht he can get him baptized. The wedding will be on the 12th and the baptism on the 13th. Another family named the Hernandez family. They just need to get married but they came to church this week and are really excited and jsut want to get baptized. We also have a family of like 5 named the Real family that are looking soooo positive. They want to go to General Conference this weekend and that will be great. We'll see what we can do!! That's pretty much it for right now.... PRAY FOR THEM!

I love being with Elder Hintze haha. It is a little hard at times but I feel like we are doing really well at keeping ourselves focused on what we're doing. I LOVE looking at him in lessons and him just looking at me like "what the heck is going on? What do you want me to say?" Then I jus


t tell him to bear his testimony and it's all good. i think that one of the hardest things is just not calling him Doug haha. We just really can't believe that we are together and I think that's how it's going to be for a while. Just so weird to talk about someone or something from home and he literally knows what it is. We're really getting along well and it will be a good month this month. They all think we're some kind of freaks haha it's so dang funny to see the looks of the peoples faces seeing their first and second gringo of their live at the same time. We're killing it. Just got haircuts yesterday. Stoked to get into the new house.

I'm ridiculously excited for General Conference. It is going to be an awesome opportunity to get investigators to come to church and see what we're all about. I'm stoked to be able to hear the prophet. I can't believe that it is my 3rd in the mission field haha one more and I'll be at red iguana eating what will for me be a crappy carnita haha. I'm loving life out here. It's not too hot and not too cold. Stopped raining a little bit and now it's supposed to clear up. My ankles are like baseballs but ¿Que me importa? I love this place!!!!! HAve a great week this week and keep me in your prayers!!!!!!!!!!

Elder Hanson

YOMOYOMO

No comments:

Post a Comment